About Palliative Care ACT
Our mission is to influence, foster and promote the delivery of quality care at end of life for all and to offer compassion and support to those with a life limiting illness, their carers and families.
We aim to:
- promote palliative care in the community
- provide education in aspects of palliative care
- deliver volunteer palliative care services to support clients and their families with care, compassion, respect and dignity
- advocate for, and promote provision of best quality palliative care services; and
- support other like minded organisations through partnerships and collaboration.
Palliative Care ACT is the representative voice of palliative care in the ACT. Formed in 1985, we are a not for profit community based organisation, a registered charity and a founding member of the national peak body, Palliative Care Australia.